|Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I reserve my date?
To reserve your special date contact Sharon Osborne, Director of Events, at (910) 486-0221 x 31 or email@example.com.
2. What’s the difference between a booking fee and a security deposit?
A booking fee:
- must be paid first in order to reserve your date
- is non-refundable
- is credited towards your final balance
A security deposit:
- is required in addition to your final balance
- is refundable if there is no damage to the facility, the equpment and the Garden
3. Under what circumstances would I lose my security deposit?
Cape Fear Botanical Garden reserves the right to keep a security deposit if any damage occurs as a result of your event. Some of the most common reasons why security deposits are NOT refunded include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The event runs past the reserved time period.
- Guests or vendors drive vehicles through the Garden without permission.
- Trash is left behind after the event.
- Guests walk through flowerbeds and cause damage.
- Decorations do not adhere to guidelines.
4. Will the Garden be closed during my event?
The Garden will be open to the public during regular hours of operation. Staff will place signs near your event site asking visitors to pass quietly as the event takes place. The Garden does allow events to take place after regular business hours. Contact our Events Coordinator for details.
5. Can we have an event after dark?
The Garden is not equipped with outdoor lighting. For the safety of all guests, arranging outdoor lighting is the responsibiltyof the client.
6. Do we have to use the Gazebo?
There are numerous areas of the Garden that are beautiful venues for events. We invite you to explore all that the Garden has to offer before making a decision.
7. Can we decorate?
Absolutely! We simply ask that your décor adhere to the guidelines in the Facility Rental Agreement.
8. Can we burn a unity candle?
Yes, a unity candle is the only candle that is not required to be enclosed.
9. Will my dress get damaged when I walk down the natural path to the Gazebo?
It is possible that your dress could pick up dirt as you walk along the path. While this does not concern some brides, others prefer to use an aisle runner or have someone follow behind them and hold the dress. Golf cart(s) rental may be rented.
10. Are insects a problem?
As with any outdoor venue, insects may be present during certain times of the year. Upon request, the Garden does occasionally take steps to control mosquitoes.