Participants must attend both days to receive materials and credit.
Fee: Free for members, $10 for non-members. Pre-registration in advance required.
Developed with preschool educators and early childhood specialists, Project Learning Tree’s Environmental Experiences for Early Childhood includes over 130 experiences that engage children in outdoor play and exploration and is specifically designed for educators who work with children ages three to six. Topics include exploring nature with five senses, meeting neighborhood trees, and experiencing trees through the seasons.
The EEEC materials are correlated to national standards including NAEYC standards and the Head Start outcomes framework. This workshop qualifies under Criteria I of the NC EE Certification Program and will also provide CEU credits.
Read more about the curriculum at https://www.plt.org/
Workshop Outcomes: Workshop participants will use Project Learning Tree resources to actively engage students learning about the environment in indoor and outdoor settings. Participants will engage directly in several activities from the Environmental Experiences for Early Childhood Guide.
Workshop Participants will:
· Receive PLT’s Environmental Experiences for Early Childhood Activity Guide and accompanying music CD
· Identify new hands-on activities to share with learners based on the five senses, the seasons of the year, and trees in your neighborhood.
· Engage directly in Project Learning Tree activities through song, dance, exploration, and play.
· Organize a plan to infuse programming with environmental education learning experiences.
· Look at nature in new ways by using tools constructed from everyday materials.
· Earn CEUs, contact hours, in-service credit, or NC Environmental Education Certification hours.