In accordance with North Carolina’s parks and green spaces reopening plans and the lifting of Stay at Home orders, the Garden will reopen outdoor areas to the public on Monday, May 11, 2020.
In alignment with Governor Cooper’s reopening plans, the Garden, just like our state, will be opening in several phases. We are excited to start Phase 1.
Beginning Monday, May 11
- The Garden will continue to operate under its traditional Spring/Summer Hours schedule. The Garden will open at 9 AM and the property will close at 5 p.m. The last admission will be taken at 4 pm.
- Only credit cards will be accepted for payment.
- Only the Garden entryway and Gift Shop will be open to the public. All other indoor facilities will remain closed at this time. The Garden View Cafe will open from 11 am – 2 pm for takeout/curbside services only. The Nature Nook will remain closed.
- Groups of 10 or more are discouraged. Please continue to stay six feet apart from others when on the trails and in the gardens.
- Personal face coverings are encouraged while on the Garden property. Please follow all CDC guidelines regarding proper sanitation and hygiene measures; do not leave your home if you are showing any symptoms related to COVID-19, including a dry cough, fever, shortness of breath.
- All on-site programming, including classes and events, remain suspended.
Thank you in advance for helping us keep Cape Fear Botanical Garden safe and compliant with local and state orders as we slowly reopen to the public. As we monitor the response and interactions on our property during “Phase 1,” we will update you on next steps and subsequent phases in conjunction with the state and the Garden’s own safety measuring process.
Thank you again for your loyalty and support. We look forward to seeing you soon!